My family loves EPCOT! I mean we really LOVE it there. It is always the first park we visit when we vacation at Walt Disney World.
New at EPCOT
My kids cannot get enough rides on Test Track and Mission Space. And, did I mention, World Showcase boasts some of the best places to eat on WDW property? So, when we spent our 2019 Christmas vacation at WDW, and we saw the EPCOT Experience, we were just blown away by all the new attractions coming in the next several months. We could not wait to until our next vacation because we knew that when we visited again, many of these new attractions would be open.
And then COVID-19 struck!
Flash-forward to August 2020, we were back, and again, EPCOT was the first park to visit on this trip. We had to go to see the EPCOT Experience again, but sadly, there were some noticeable changes. Not all of the cool new attractions were included (goodbye Mary Poppins). The new attractions I hoped to see on my next trip were not open yet. But, there were so many noticeable changes already happening to the park.
So as I sit here dreaming of my next visit to WDW, I am looking forward to the many new things that Disney has in store at EPCOT.
- A redesigned front entrance to the park – no more Future World, but new neighborhoods
- A new night-time spectacular Harmonious at EPCOT
- A new space-themed restaurant Space 220 being built next to Mission Space and La Creperie de Paris in the France pavilion
- A new pavilion in the space where Wonders of Life used to be
- The long-awaited Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind rollercoaster and the equally long-waited Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure
- A new, reimagined Club Cool (I know you are missing Beverly!!!)
- And, one of my favorite shops on WDW, MouseGear, is undergoing a huge refurbishment
There are so many other changes going on as well. Did you know that you can take the Skyliner to EPCOT? When you are riding the Skyliner you can see their view from above of the construction going on.
EPCOT is changing their festivals, making them longer in time, for right now, and offering new experiences. Right now, the Flower and Garden Festival is running from March 3rd through July 5th. You can experience millions of flowers, topiaries, and outdoor kitchens with lots of amazing food. And no doubt, right after that, the Food and Wine Festival will begin in late summer. This festival boasts food and wine from around the world and hopefully, the Eat to the Beat concert series.
So, as you can see, the next several months are going to be exciting! I am looking forward to seeing my old favorites, like Soarin’ and Frozen Ever After, and eating at some of my most beloved restaurants on WDW property, like La Hacienda de San Angel and Garden Grill. But I am also looking forward to all the exciting, new attractions EPCOT has planned for me on my next trip!